1) Space Weather Physics: Dynamic Neural Network Studies of Solar Wind-Magnetosphere Coupling
Jian-Guo Wu, May 22, 1997. Faculty opponent was Dimitris Vassiliadis
2) Space Weather Physics: Prediction and classification of solar wind structures and geomagnetic activity using artificial neural networks
Peter Wintoft, June 7, 1997. Faculty opponent was Thomas Detman (NOAA/SEC, USA).
3) Solar Wind and Geomagntic Activity - Predictions Using Neural Networks
Hans Gleisner, December 2, 2000. Faculty opponent was Dimitris Vassiliadis
4) Space Weather: Solar magnetic variation and its impact on Earth's atmosphere. Fredrik Boberg, May 24, 2003. Faculty opponent was Eigil Friis-Christensen (DSRI, Denmark).
5) The Sun, Space Weather and Effects. Magnus Wik, November 15, 2008. Faculty opponent was David Boteler (Geomagnetic Laboratory, Ottawa, Canada).